Christy Thompson, MSW, CSWA

Christy Thompson, MSW, CSWA
415 Sherman Ave.
Hood River, OR 97031
(541) 490-5585

Maybe you’re feeling anxious, or depressed. Maybe you’re not sure who you are, or what is next. Sometimes life lands some heavy blows: death, divorce, chronic illness or pain. Most people experience something like this in their lifetime. It can help to have someone to talk to who leaves you feeling heard, understood and respected. 

My approach to therapy is eclectic, blending cognitive (thought-based) approaches with the somatic (body-based). I utilize a client-centered, strengths-based approach which means that I have tremendous respect for our internal self-righting mechanisms. I believe you are the expert on you and my job is to help you recognize and access your own healing capabilities. 

I work with individual adults who are experiencing:
  • Anxiety
  • Depression
  • Overwhelm
  • Feeling lost or empty
  • Obsessive or intrusive thoughts
  • Trauma
  • PTSD
  • End of life
  • Grief

I am currently Clinical Social Worker Associate working toward licensure under supervision.
HIPPA compliant telehealth or face to face.